To kick things off, we’ll start with some general social media statistics. These numbers represent engagement across all platforms and demographics.
- 3.5 billion people use social media, equates to 45% of the global population
- Social media users by generation: 73% Gen Z, 90.4% Millennials, 77.5% Gen X, 48.2 Baby Boomers
- The average person spends 3 hours on social media daily
- 54% of social media users use social platforms to research products
- 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations