- Directly upload, edit and schedule your creations from Canva without leaving PLANOLY
- Design content directly in PLANOLY with our image and video editing tools
- Source photography from a library of free stock images
- Discover and repurpose user-generated content
May marks Mental Health Awareness Month, and today we're going to talk about Social Media Best Practices for a happy mind. While social media has been an incredible tool in building relationships and forming amazing connections, along with creating conversations about well-loved brands, talking through heartfelt issues, and maintaining a sense of beauty in an often ugly world... there have also been a few negatives when it comes to social media use. Often, we get sucked into everyone's highlight reels, and we begin playing the comparison game all too easily. (Trust me, we've all been there!) Below, we're going to breakdown a few ways in which you can practice healthy social media habits to help transform your mind and form best practices around your social media activity. We'll also touch on ways in which you can cultivate the power of positive thinking through social media. We know how social has become such a powerful tool for all of us in our everyday lives when it comes to communicating with loved ones to helping our business grow. We want to transform the way you look at social and give you a few healthy habits to practice along the way.
"May marks Mental Health Awareness Month, & today we're talking about Social Media Best Practices for a happy mind."
Top Ten Tips for Social Media Mental Health
- Don't Compare If you take anything away from this blog post, it should be this: DON'T EVER COMPARE yourself to what you see on Instagram. While Instagram is a beautiful form of expression, it should never lead you to feel down about everything that's beautiful in your own life. Instagram is the perfect tool for sharing who you are and expressing yourself, but the minute you start to feel it's negative effects, it might mean you need to take a little break every now and then.
- Cleanse Your Feed When was the last time you checked who you're following on Instagram? It's always great to cleanse your feed now and then if you see things that you don't particularly like anymore. Sometimes the best thing we can do is give ourselves a little refresh, and when we see content that we don't resonate with anymore, it's okay to hit "unfollow."
- Track Screen Time Through the App Did you guys know that you have a screen time app on your phone? You can use it to track your screen time every day as well as a way to set daily limits for yourself while you're using other apps. Setting limits for screen time during the day and week can help free up time for other things, like taking a walk, reading a good book, cooking a favorite meal with your partner, or indulging in a good glass of wine + long bath. Learn more about keeping track of your time on Instagram here.
- The Power of Muting You can use muting to hide Instagram posts or stories from people you follow without having to hit the "unfollow" button and dealing with that awkward run-in afterward. Here's how: 1. Go to someone's profile on IG & hit those three little dots at the top, 2. Hit "mute" and then decide when you want to mute their stories, posts, or both, 3. Once you've chosen what you prefer, you will no longer see that person's content on your feed! VIOLA.
- Use Social Media as Inspiration You can gather inspiration from all sorts of outlets when it comes to creating content for your website and working on freelance projects. Using social media as a tool to be creative and stay inspired is what I believe it was meant for.
- See the Beauty in Social There have been so many wonderful instances where social media has come into play. Whether it's been connecting loved ones that are oceans apart, to forming lasting relationships and helping those in need. Social media can be a beautiful connector and a powerful tool.
- Optimize it's Networking Powers Social Media leads to so many amazing networking opportunities. It's such a great networking tool when connecting influencers, brands, and companies alike. You can build lasting connections through social.
- Take a DetoxSometimes all you need is a little digital detox. Whether you're choosing to take a Sunday or Saturday away from social media, or a certain amount of time per day away from the phone... this can help shift your focus on other important things like tasks, friends & family, self-care, and so much more.
- Practice Balance With all things in life, we should always try to have a balance. You can restructure your days when it comes to screen time too! Do you normally look at your phone first thing in the morning? Try allotting that time to yoga instead. Do you typically reach for your phone right before bed? Try reading a few chapters in a new book instead. Find ways to balance all of the things that you love by setting aside a healthy amount of time for each one.
- Stay True to YourselfAlways be true to yourself and the content that you want to share. Cultivate the power of positive thinking by using social media as a tool to take pride in your accomplishments and share your passions with others. Everyone on social is looking for connection, and by letting your true self shine your opening up the possibility of making them.