Say goodbye to manually publishing your carousel posts, and let PLANOLY do the work for you! We are excited to share that you now have access to auto-post carousels, on Instagram via PLANOLY! For now, this only includes carousel posts using images.
Take advantage of this new feature and plan your carousel posts days, weeks, or months in advance by scheduling and auto-publishing posts with up to 10 images to your Instagram grid using PLANOLY’s web dashboard & mobile app.
PLANOLY’s Insider Secret: Stay tuned, we are working to release the option to auto-post carousels via Mobile App, and the option of including videos!
Carousels allow you to create a sequenced narrative showing multiple screens. This type of post is the perfect place to tell your story in more detail, showcase multiple products, or explain how specific features work - all of this with more room for creativity by using up to 10 cards! Your followers will interact more with Carousel posts by swiping to see the next card, adding a comment, or liking the post. These actions will drive your engagement, making this format a must for your Instagram Strategy!
Auto-post is only available for Instagram Business accounts that are authenticated via PLANOLY with a Facebook account. The post must also be eligible and scheduled for auto-posting to Instagram (read more about that here!).
Image Requirements for Auto-Post
- Size Limit: 8MB MaximumType Extensions: BMP, JPEG, PNG
- Ratio Specifications: Within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range.
- All images require to be the same size as the first image on the carousel.
- Minimum Resolution: 150x150 (lower resolutions will be scaled up to the minimum)
- Maximum Resolution: 1920x1080 (higher resolutions will be scaled down to the maximum)
You can auto-post carousels with images through PLANOLY via our web dashboard or Mobile App. If your carousel contains videos, you can schedule a reminder notification to alert you when it’s time to post manually. Additionally, auto-post your Carousels to Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! (Note: Due to limitations set by Twitter, Carousels shared to this platform can contain up to 4 photo frames only.)
Carousels are one of the most popular formats to drive up engagement. Here are so many great ways to incorporate carousels into your feed and create more engagement with your followers:
- Visual Storytelling: Showcasing a product or collaboration is easier than ever, as you can create mini-campaigns in one post.
- Product Launch: Premiere a new product by highlighting its features through multiple photos and/or videos in one post.
- Tutorials and How-To: Explain how to use a product or feature by displaying images and giving step-by-step instructions on each image.
- Play with Video: Promoting a big event or new product launch? Incorporate teasers or clever videos to captivate your followers.
- Throwback or Albums: Share an album of your favorite old photos or memories for a fun Throwback Thursday post. You can also bunch your favorite photos from your vacation in one post rather than spamming everyone by posting each one separately.
- Ask Your Followers: Depending on your niche, you can post several images to get feedback from your followers on which one they like best! It's a great way to up your engagement and creates a dialogue with your audience.
- Split an Image: If you have a photo that doesn't fit the size requirements of IG, you can split it into several images and share it with the multiple photo feature in one post!