It’s no surprise that video content is here to stay. In fact, it’s the most shareable content on social media and is a great way to educate, inform, and entertain your audience. In this post, we'll walk you through tips and tricks on how to build your video strategy on Pinterest with PLANOLY’s Pin Planner.
Pinterest goes beyond the traditional role of a social platform. It’s a dynamic search tool used to inspire users while simultaneously driving awareness, traffic & conversions for your brand. Use it to help increase and steer traffic to your website, blog, or any URL. Plus, your content on Pinterest has a longer lifespan - helping you reach audiences way long after it has been published.
Video content on all social platforms, including Pinterest, is thriving. In fact, “social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and image content combined” and “55% of people pay close attention when consuming video – more than all other types of content.” Even Pinterest has shared that they are focusing and investing in video content. So whether you’re looking to show off your brand’s personality, educate on products or services, or provide insight to your audience, video content is your best bet!
Pinterest Video Publishing Tips & Tricks
Everyone loves new and fresh content, and this includes video content. Plus, Pinterest encourages this! It’s important to think outside of the box when creating your video content while also incorporating Pinterest best practices.
Let’s keep it simple. Here are a few best practices when it comes to publishing video content on Pinterest.
- Start Strong - Lead with a clear hook within the first few seconds of your video to help capture your audience’s attention from the get-go.
- Make it Short and Simple - Keep your video messaging and imagery simple and easy to digest. Pinterest recommends a length of 4 to 15 minutes.
- Don’t Rely on Audio - Try not to rely on the audio or dialogue because Pinterest video auto-plays on the feed with the sound off. Use text overlay or closed captions to help tell your visual story and make your content inclusive.
- Think About Text - Optimize copy for search - always. Craft clear titles and descriptions that help convey what that Pin is all about.
- Include a Captivating Cover Image - Draw in your audience with a cover image that captivates their attention. Plus, make sure it’s high resolution and high quality.
- Keep Mobile in Mind - According to Pinterest, 80% of Pinners use Pinterest on mobile. Make sure that your Pins shine and look great on all devices!
PLANOLY Pro-Tip: Read more here on the creative specs for video Pins.
Video Pin Example
Why this works:
Camille Styles does a fantastic job with the video Pin above. Not only is this video Pin short (less than 45 seconds) and doesn’t rely on audio, but the text is overlaid and easy to follow. Her Pin title and description are to the point and easy to digest. I don’t know about you, but I sure do feel inspired after watching it!
Pin Planner Can Help with Your Video Strategy
Make planning and scheduling your video easier with Pin Planner. Pin Planner is PLANOLY’s go-to platform that makes planning and organizing your Pinterest content simple. On Pin Planner, you can upload, schedule, and publish static and video Pins to Pinterest. Plus, the visual library makes it easier than ever to organize and plan your Pins.
Shout out to our campaigns feature, a paid feature that lets you bulk schedule Pins and manage hundreds of images and videos across multiple Pinterest boards - giving you an ever-present voice on Pinterest. If we haven’t inspired you yet, our content marketing team tested this feature and discovered they scheduled content 5 times faster with campaigns. That’s a lot of time saved!
How to Upload & Schedule Pins on Pin Planner
How to Upload Videos When Scheduling Campaigns on Pin Planner
Track Video Pin Analytics On Pin Planner
Observe and track your video Pin’s performance right in Pin Planner. We have an entire section dedicated to analytics. Navigate to the analyze tab and find these two top metrics to get insight into your video metrics:
- Average Watch Time – The average time people watched your video. This also includes people who rewatch your video within the same day.
- Video Views – The total number of times people viewed a close-up version of your video Pin for your board.
A Few Things to Note About Video Pins for Pin Planner
- Pinterest needs to review all video content, and this can take up to 24 hours
- All videos must follow Pinterest’s community guidelines
- Once your video is reviewed and approved, it’ll automatically be scheduled or published.
- Pin Planner keeps track of your video processing status so you will see one of the following messages once you have uploaded your video Pin:
- Video Processing (black text): Your video is currently still being processed.
- Processing Failed (red text): Video failed to process, and you can try again later.
- Video in Review (black text): Pinterest is currently reviewing video. (Please note that some videos may take over 24 hours to be approved.)
- Video Failed Review (red text): Pinterest has rejected video for objectionable content. Please review Pinterest Community Guidelines for more info.
We can’t wait to see you get started with creating video Pins on our Pin Planner! We hope this provided you with the tips and tricks needed to begin uploading and planning your video content through PLANOLY’s Pin Planner.