- Directly upload, edit and schedule your creations from Canva without leaving PLANOLY
- Design content directly in PLANOLY with our image and video editing tools
- Source photography from a library of free stock images
- Discover and repurpose user-generated content
We love anything Instagram unveils that allows us to have more options to be creative and express ourselves...so to say that we're excited about these new updates would be an understatement. Instagram has recently rolled out some very exciting new options for Instagram Stories. Read on to find out exactly what the new features are and how you can apply them to your own personal or business Instagram account!
"Instagram has recently rolled out some very exciting new options for Instagram Stories!"
Not going to lie...we were getting a little bored with only having one text option on Stories, so this new update is a GAME CHANGER. Instagram has launched four new font options for you to use on Stories, as well as something called Type Mode, which lets you share text-only posts in Instagram Stories. You can customize different color backgrounds text colors and sizes to fit whatever you're sharing on Stories!
How to Use:
- Access Text Mode by clicking on IG Stories in the top left corner of Instagram.
- Select the Type option on the left.
- Click through the different font style options at the top of the screen.
- Click on the circle in the bottom left corner to choose your background color.
- Type anything you'd like and add it to your story or send it to individual people!
*Tip: If you want to change the font without using Type Mode, simply type over your image/video/boomerang and click through the font options in the top middle of the screen!
Animated GIF Stickers
Another feature we're especially excited about is the ability to add animated GIF stickers to your photos, boomerangs or videos for Instagram Stories! This one is super fun and allows users to be more creative and expressive than ever before. Instagram teamed up with Giphy to give users the option to add a variety of animated GIF stickers to Stories - the options are practically unlimited. You can see the trending options or search for specific ones to use. They might appear small at first, but you can adjust their size and move them anywhere on your screen.
How to Use:
- Click on the Sticker button in the top right corner of the Stories window.
- Select the blinking GIF icon below the Location button.
- Look through the trending options or search for a specific GIF.
- Adjust the size and location of your GIF and voilá!
*Note: Instagram is also about to make some changes for how users can upload videos and images on Stories. Right now, images and videos auto-adjust to the size of your screen, but users will soon be able to share content using the original dimensions by adjusting the size.