Don't get us wrong, we love Instagram, and all that social media has to offer, but sometimes you need to limit yourself from overdoing it and wasting time. That's why we are loving Instagram's new feature that helps you manage and keep track of your time, so you ensure that your time is well spent. We're going to walk you through all there is to know about this new feature, as well as tips for staying productive with your time on social media. Let's dive in!
How to Track Your Activity on Instagram
- Tap on the menu bar (3 horizontal lines) in the top right corner of your profile view.
- Tap on 'Your Activity'.
- From there, you can see your daily average of time spent per day using the Instagram app on your device in the last week.
- There's also a week view, so you can see a visual graph of which days you spent more or less time on Instagram.
- Next, is the option to manage your time on the app.
- Tap on 'Set Daily Reminder' to choose the amount of time you want to set for yourself to be on the app each day. You can choose as short or as long as you'd like. Once you've been on the app for the amount of time you set, you'll get a notification that you've been on the app for that amount of time. This is a great way to be more aware of the time you're spending scrolling and engaging on the app.
- Another way to manage your time is by tapping on 'Notification Settings' to choose which Instagram notifications to mute or receive.
- You can always modify your daily reminders or notification settings depending on how much time you want to allow or what you have going on in your life. It's always good to be more in the moment and not let social media overwhelm your time.
By tracking your activity on Instagram, you can ensure that you're maximizing your productivity. Everything in moderation is key! Make sure that you stay mindful when you are on the app; mindless scrolling has happened to the best of us, but losing sleep or wasting time that could be spent on other activities should be kept to a minimum. Check out our tips below for staying productive on Instagram.
"By tracking your activity on Instagram, you can ensure that you're maximizing your productivity."
- Be purposeful & intentional. When you go on the app, have goals in mind to engage with others, watch a few of your favorite users Instagram Stories for inspiration, answer your dm's, or check out what your favorite brands are doing on IGTV.
- Limit yourself. It's easy to get sucked into social media and let your responsibilities and obligations fall to the side. However, there is nothing wrong with a little IG scrolling...as long as you don't overdo it. Use the new time management feature to keep yourself in check!
- Edit your images in batches and set aside time to write captions. Sometimes posting content can be what takes the most time! That's where planning your grid comes into play. Batch edit your content, so it flows nicely within your grid, write your captions ahead of time (and have a running list to go to for inspiration), and then PLANOLY to visually set up your grid in advance!
By following a few of these simple tips, you can ensure that you're running your Instagram, rather than your Instagram running you! We love social media just as much as everyone else (if not more), but taking time to get your face out of your phone and experiencing the real world will bring you so much inspiration and refreshment!