- Directly upload, edit and schedule your creations from Canva without leaving PLANOLY
- Design content directly in PLANOLY with our image and video editing tools
- Source photography from a library of free stock images
- Discover and repurpose user-generated content
Hi everyone! Adriana here, and today we're going to be chatting about "Why Investing in Your Website is Key." We'll be covering Platforms on today's post, and discussing the differences between each of the main ones that are available to bloggers. We're also going to talk about a few reasons why some prefer one platform over the other, and how to find out which one works best for you! As content creators, choosing a platform is a vital starting point when launching your website. It's always important to brainstorm the different possible options available to know what will work best with the content that you're planning to share with your audience. It all comes down to 3 things when searching for the best platform:
- What you want to share with your audience.
- How you plan to share it with them and how often you'd like to post.
- What best suits your website design/style needs and the way you want it to evolve.
*PLANOLY Pro Tip - If you're new to blogging, we previously touched on the best platforms for beginners! You can find the post here: Top 3 Blogging Platforms for Beginners
"As content creators, choosing a platform is a vital starting point when launching your website."
Let's dive into some of the available platforms to choose from -
Blogging Platforms for Every Niche:
- BLOGGER: easy interface and great for beginners! Perfect for those starting out.
- SQUARESPACE: an all-in-one platform with customizable and elegant templates. Best for fun template options.
- WORDPRESS: my favorite platform of choice, great for plugins and extra website capabilities. A lot of website designers also love using Wordpress!
- TUMBLR: the best platform for expression and discovery through images. Perfect if you love sharing images, quotes, etc.
Most bloggers in the space that I've chatted with (regarding the platforms they're using), have always mentioned Wordpress as their go-to. (I always suggest it to my friends as well!) I made the switch from Blogger to Wordpress a few years back and am so happy that I did. I've found Wordpress to be simple, easy to navigate, clean, and great when including additional plugins for my site. It's not all about the platform though! Each one offers similar capabilities, but it's the little extras you include that give it that extra something. I'm listing out a few for you below.
Ways to give your website that extra boost:
- Give it a refresh with a new website design.
- Include a separate landing page to your shoppable website, Etsy shop, or affiliate links.
- Add additional tabs at the top of your website for different topics and content that you want to share: (i.e. - travel, style, beauty, etc...)
*PLANOLY Pro Tip - A great way to invest in your website is by hiring a web designer or paying someone to revamp your website for you. (Extra points if you can get a friend to do it for free!) Most blog hosting platforms offer free templates that anyone can use, but getting together with someone to create a design that represents you and your style is always the best option. It will offer you a more unique and personalized site to share with your readers. When it comes right down to it, your website is an accurate reflection of you and all about the type of content you plan to share with your readers. It's another way to let your personality shine. Searching for the right platform is all about finding what works best for you and your overall website needs. Make sure to evaluate what you'll want from a blogging platform, and ways in which it will allow you to continue to grow your content over time. Switching your content from one platform to another can be time-consuming and a bit of a hassle (trust me, I've done it before haha!). Make sure you try to choose a platform you feel that you'll be able to stick with for a while, and one you can transform into a true reflection of who you are and what your content includes.