- Directly upload, edit and schedule your creations from Canva without leaving PLANOLY
- Design content directly in PLANOLY with our image and video editing tools
- Source photography from a library of free stock images
- Discover and repurpose user-generated content
We're so excited to announce our next Influencer for the Chat Series: Chassity Aull Evans of Look Linger Love. Chassity's fresh and colorful imagery along with her fun and inviting personality makes her an absolute favorite of ours to follow. Chassity shares everything from style and lifestyle to recipes and everyday adventures with her family over on her blog: Look Linger Love. Chassity has worked with a handful of amazing brands including Nordstrom, J. Crew, Shopbop, and One Kings Lane, to name a few. As well as features in Real Simple Magazine, InStyle Magazine, & Garden & Gun Magazine. We're so excited to be sharing today's interview with you! Keep reading to learn more about Chassity, her goals for the future, and where she plans to take Look Linger Love.
Before starting Look Linger Love, what were you up to professionally, what role did digital play in your job, and what were some of your goals and aspirations within your career?
I had just had my daughter Lilly when I started Look Linger Love in 2010. I had ended a career in pharmaceutical sales, and I was spending so much time reading design blogs online and felt inspired to focus on my creative side and add to the conversation! I started blogging as a hobby, but I always took it very seriously. Right from the start, I was dedicated to writing a daily blog post and growing a community. I wanted Look Linger Love to be a place where women could depend on new and regular content and like-minded women to interact with.
What made you want to start blogging, and where do you gather inspiration for Look Linger Love? What are some notable moments within your blogging career so far, and what long term goals do you have for Look Linger Love?
Living in Charleston SC keeps me inspired. The beauty of our historic city takes my breath away all 12 months of the year. Right now the confederate jasmine is blooming, and the city smells like pure Heaven. There's always something fun happening, but not in an exhausting kind of way. Do you know what I mean? We have a home on Harbour Island in the Bahamas named Coral House, and I try to spend as much time there as I can. I probably get there 4-5 times a year, and it feels like home to me, too. When we can't be at Coral House, we rent our home to guests visiting the island, and that has been such a fun experience! Instagram has played a huge role in growing that side of my business!
- How did you first hear about PLANOLY? I've been using you guys for so long now that I can't remember! But I'm not sure how I managed without you!
- What are some of your favorite ways to incorporate PLANOLY within your social media strategy? I'm on the PLANOLY app multiple times a day. Instagram is an essential piece of my business, and I want my grid to not only reflect who I am but look good as well. Nothing is worse than posting a photo to then click over to my account and see that it clashes in my photo grid and it would have been so much better posted after another photo. Tell me you know what I'm saying.
- What do you love most about the app?PLANOLY is almost like having an assistant who helps me get organized and feel confident about my week ahead. It helps me find the holes in my content! And it's so easy to use.
Let's talk brand deals:
When it comes to collaborations and partnerships, what are a few things you feel are most important whenever you're choosing which brands to work with?
Thank you! Writing a lifestyle blog is so great for me because it allows me to write about so many topics that I love - fashion, home style, parenthood, travel, exercise... But with so many content options, the blog could quickly spin into a confusing mess. So I really focus on adding value to my readers. Before I accept a campaign I always ask myself two questions (1) Do I genuinely love this product/brand and 2) Is this the right fit for my audience/Will this content add value. And it's funny, sometimes the campaigns that at first feel like they are a stretch for my blog are the ones that can inspire the most interesting content that I'm most proud of.
Let's talk blogging:
In what ways do you feel that your site has changed how you look at social media or the digital space? What are some of your favorite things about blogging and running a website?
Watching the way that the blogging industry has developed over the last few years has been incredible really. It leaves me with a feeling that the sky is limitless. Anything is possible. The opportunities that you can create for yourself today are what you want them to be. All the information you need is at your fingertips. Your audience is there if you look for it! It's a cool time to be alive!
What are your top best practices and tips for influencers throughout their growth phase?
Engagement, consistent content, a personal connection, I think it's all important. Have a plan, but also leave some room for spontaneity. Your voice is unique, and it's important just to be you and not someone else. There are a billion someone else's. Growing your business and audience can be slow and frustrating, but it will be a whole lot more fun if you're being yourself and creating content that you genuinely love and connect to!