New Feature, Who Dis?!! Have you heard? Instagram's new 'Nametag' Feature makes it easier than ever to connect with new friends and share your Instagram profile! Gone are the days of awkwardly repeating your Instagram handle to someone in a loud party, or accidentally following the wrong person with a similar Instagram name. The 'Nametag' feature is super simple to use. Here's how to use this new feature right now:
"Instagram's new 'Nametag' Feature makes it easy to connect with new friends and share your Instagram profile!"
How to Use the 'Nametag' Feature
- Go to your Instagram profile page.
- Tap on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
- Tap on 'Nametag'.
- Customize your 'Nametag' by tapping on the options at the top of your screen. You can choose from different colors, emojis, or take a selfie!
- Once you're on the 'Nametag' screen, simply hold up your phone for someone else to scan & follow you on Instagram (they must have their Nametag feature open to scan)!
- To scan someone else, tap on 'Scan a Nametag', and hover over their 'Nametag' screen.
We're all about this new feature that makes it easier than ever to follow people on Instagram that you meet IRL! Instagram found a way to make forming connections and follows effortless, and we love that they're bridging a gap between social media and real life interactions. Also, if you forgot to scan your nametag, it's really easy to share a nametag through social media platforms or text messaging. All you have to do is select the arrow in the top right hand corner of your nametag icon, and then send it to whoever you want to connect with!