While in the thick of the holidays, now is a better time than ever to start prepping for everything that you want to accomplish in the new year too. Here's how to plan your strategy 2020 with our downloadable worksheet and top trends.Did you know, according to an article byForbes last December, "Studies have shown that less than 25% of people actually stay committed to their resolutions after just 30 days, and only 8% accomplish them." Only 8% actually follow through with their New Year's resolutions! That's not a lot! And, according to a U.S. News & World Report, "80 percent of New Year's resolutions fail by February."What these stats show, is that you should always try to be intentional when creating goals for yourself. Always aim high, but remember to go easy on yourself and know that good things take time. Having a clear idea and vision when it comes to what you'd like to accomplish in the months ahead can help us set ourselves up for future planning success.There are four P's to consider before mapping out your 2020 marketing strategy. There's also a planning downloadable below to help you with your content planning.
FOLLOW THE FOUR Ps
- Prepare: Gather all of your ideas together for the new year and start visualizing the type of content that you'd like to share with your audience. This can be anything from products that you'd like to launch or collaborations you want to work on. Having a clear vision before going into the planning process can help ensure that you don't leave any goal out!
- Prioritize: The first step in planning your content for the new year is to create content buckets and to prioritize specific tasks. This will allow you to place priority for some tasks over others, and help distinguish between what you'd like to accomplish first versus the things you can leave for later in the year.
- Plan:Instagram has 1 Billion active users per month, with 500 million active users daily on Stories. (Which means the potential to reach a vast and expansive audience!) Set yourself up for success by planning your content according to your audience.PLANOLY Pro Tip: UtilizePLANOLY and our new Pin Planner to schedule upcoming content and gather insights to see what type of content is performing best with your followers. This will help you build on future content for your audience!
- Productivity: Track your productivity over the next few months by checking things off of your to-do list. Analyze how quickly you're accomplishing your goals, which tasks take you the most time to complete, and restructure accordingly. Try to find different ways to delegate or streamline certain workflow processes to boost productivity across the board.
2020 Trends to Incorporate Into Your Marketing Strategy
- TikTok and Gen-Z users should not be ignored – they're consumers who are changing the social media landscape.
- Social media boundaries and digital wellbeing will be a hot topic for all industries with "burnout" on the rise
- Data privacy regulations will remain a primary concern for businesses and users
- Artificial intelligence (AI) will grow more commonplace and should be part of your 2020 planning
- Expect higher Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) social media integration
- Greater focus on sharing User Generated Content (UGC) to gain customers' trust
- Identify and work with impactful micro-influencers (those with 1k-50k followers) more than macro influencers
What you can pull from these above-referenced trends is that, collectively, we'll seek out and invest time in technological advancements like AI, AR and VR, while feeling secure in understanding how these things impact our mental health. 2020 is poised to be both the year of artificial advancements and personal refinement. Balancing the two, of course, is hinged upon the time you put into the planning.
Want to build on your 2020 planning even more? We've included an easy to use downloadable to get you started on the right track with planning into the new year! Our 2020 Roadmap is here to help you track your productivity to help stay on top of your plans, goals, intentions, and timeline for the months ahead. That said, make sure you take advantage of our new Analyze Web Dashboard, which offers industry-best content performance and engagement analytics for Instagram!
It typically takes 21 days to form a new habit, so stick to those plans & intentions!
You've got this.
Our roadmap downloadable will help you map out your plans, goals, and intentions for 2020!