- Directly upload, edit and schedule your creations from Canva without leaving PLANOLY
- Design content directly in PLANOLY with our image and video editing tools
- Source photography from a library of free stock images
- Discover and repurpose user-generated content
Danielle Sobel is the CEO and founder of Austin's cutest juice shop, Juice Society. They have an incredible selection of juice, smoothies, and other nutritious snacks (their avocado toast is next-level). We sat down with Danielle to talk about why she decided to open Juice Society and find out how she stays healthy on a daily basis. Eating healthy is not a diet, it's a lifestyle! She knows that a healthy outside starts with a healthy inside; read on to find out how she maintains a fit business and body.
Hi, Danielle! Tell us about yourself. When did you realize you wanted to own a juice bar and how did that come to fruition?
I started JS after a long journey with chronic eczema and headaches. I was fed up with taking pills and slowly began to transition my diet, incorporating whole plant-based meals, juicing and new superfoods. After a year of experimenting with what worked for me, I became inspired and excited when I saw my headaches and skin condition virtually disappear. I went back to school at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition with the hope of helping other people transform their diet and essentially, their life. Juice Society became the platform that allowed me to help people incorporate easy, healthy options into their day to day.
Walk us through an average day in your life.
This is tough because everyday is different, but it usually goes a little something like this:
- Wake up around 6-630am, drink water and take my Daily Cleanse by HUM.
- Head to yoga (or whatever workout I'm feeling that day, but lately my body is craving more yoga).
- Breakfast! I'm actually always switching this up: sometimes it's a smoothie, sometimes leafy greens with cucumber, tomato, kraut and two eggs, sometimes avocado toast. It depends on how much time I have, but I do love when I can make myself breakfast and sit down to enjoy it. I usually start on my emails when I am having breakfast, and I'm trying to break that habit so I can savor the mornings a bit more.
- 9am: Out the door for the day! You can typically find me at JS, meetings, or heading out to our farm to take care of the animals.
- Depending on the day, I usually get home around 6 or 7pm, but I'll continue working until about 10 or 11pm. Dinner is usually roasted veggies with fish, or lately, I'm loving fish tacos!
What has been the biggest challenge of owning a business? Proudest moment?
As with any business, I'm challenged daily, but I think that's why I love it so much. Solving problems is what keeps me on my toes and staying creative. That said, I think managing priorities daily is a big challenge. We are in the midst of launching a new line of products for our business, so balancing that with the needs of the store is difficult (thank god I have an excellent team!). Proudest moment for me so far would have to be the day we opened the store and being able to see the difference our products make in our customer's lives. It's all still very surreal.
Building a likable brand is essential for a business to be successful. How did you decide on your brand and overall aesthetic? What do you think makes Juice Society successful?
I had a really clear vision of what I wanted Juice Society to be from the start. I always imagined my business as a person, and I would assign characteristics to "her" which then translated to how we thought about packaging, our brand voice, and our values. As the business grows though, your brand should grow with it. We are actually in the midst of a redesign that still embodies who we are but with a more fun, fresh & futuristic approach. Successful is a funny word because it can be measured in so many different ways. Our community is really at the core of what we do, and we make every decision with them in mind. They are the reason we are still here and thriving so I would say it's 100% our customers and their desire for more innovative, fun products that fuels this business and keeps us on our toes.
We love your IG! How has Social Media helped your business grow? What are your tips for Social Media for businesses like Juice Society?
Our business was 100% built on Instagram. We never pay for advertisement or have a PR team, so yes, IG has been essential! My three tips would be: 1. Know your voice. 2. Keep things on brand. 3. Keep it bright, light & interesting!
What are your tips for people who are trying to eat and live healthier?
There's a lot of information out there, but there is NOT a one-size fits all solution. I always recommend starting out with small, manageable steps - like adding one juice into your day, or switching lunch to a plant-based meal or adding a new superfood to your morning smoothie. Don't get overwhelmed or intimidated; food should make you feel GOOD!
What advice do you have for aspiring entrepreneurs in your industry?
Have a clear vision of your brand, know your numbers, and don't be afraid to ask questions!