Hi everyone, Adriana here! Question for you: Have you ever wondered what a typical day in the life of an Influencer is like? How they spend their time throughout the day, what their morning routines consist of, what their days are filled with, and what their evenings look like? Believe it or not, the life of an Influencer can often be busy, busy, busy, and a little chaotic but also so much fun! And the workload can either be heavy or light. Depending on the amount of additional help an influencer has - whether it be in the form of interns or associates. (Some influencers are a one-woman or one-man show!!) I know I was during my time in NYC! Today we're going to chat about "A Typical Day in the Life of An Influencer" - based off the moment that I took my blog full-time in New York, and how I was running it all on my own. I'll share what my days looked like when I was living there, how I spent most of my mornings, and what a typical day consisted of while being a full-time influencer. So, here we go!
Monday - Friday:
- 5:30 am wake up, coffee, (LOTS of coffee), get ready for the day
- 6:00 am finish the day's blog post, check emails, and plan content on Planoly!
- 8:00 am shoot in west village with Lauren!
- 10:00 am head to showroom meetings
- 12:00 pm lunch break
- 1:00 pm go for a walk or run in the park
- 4:00 pm find a coffee shop & respond to more emails, send invoices, and pitch brands
- 6:00 pm head home to make dinner
- 8:00 pm read, call family, unwind
**Some days also included lunches/dinners with potential blog partners, influencer events, press previews, more shoots, and extra showroom visits. The more you can do to network for your business, the better! I liked thinking of this as 'the hustle years.'**
- 8:00 am wake up, get ready for the day
- 9:00 am coffee at a favorite local spot on my way to the subway
- 10:00 am farmers market in union square for fresh produce and blooms!
- 12:00 pm home for lunch, replying to emails, and resting
- 2:00 pm yoga - namaste
- 5:00 pm drinks and dinner with friends
- 8:00 pm press event with NYC influencers
- 8:00 am wake up, get ready for the day
- 11:00 am brunch in the village with friends
- 1:00 pm coffee shop hour to gather blog inspiration for the week ahead
- 3:00 pm cycling class!
- 5:00 pm make dinner
- 7:00 pm catch up on emails, unwind, plan content on Planoly!, and get ready to do it all again!
Planoly Pro Tip: With a full schedule, comes a busy lifestyle. To stay on top of blog content and IG posts, planning everything out on Planoly! was key in ensuring that I didn't miss a post! Don't forget to tap into PLANOLY's many resourcing when it comes to planning content and strategizing: content calendars, influencer goal setting worksheet, time management tracker, and more!! As you can see, the life of an Influencer can sometimes be a little crazy. The days are very full, but also so much fun and so worth it! While living in New York, I loved connecting with other Influencers in the city and partnering up with them on collaborations, meeting new potential brand clients at press events (that have now become regular clients for the blog), and connecting more with the Influencer community there. The best thing you can do once you go full-time with your blog (or even if you aren't full-time yet), is to network as much as you possibly can and create consistency with your brand. You can do this by: going to as many press previews, blog/influencer events, and networking opportunities as possible, and always finding time to respond to emails, work on new content, and expand your brand partnerships. This will open the door to more opportunities and partnerships in the future and will give you a sense of community with the Influencers in your city. Planoly Pro Tip: Create your own 'Daily Schedule' for IG Stories (like the one above!) through our many templates on StoriesEdit. Share what your everyday routine looks like with your readers. - They'll love seeing it and following along throughout the day!
And, don't forget to check out a few other influencer accounts below that love sharing glimpses inside their daily routines over on IG Stories!