Happy Women's Equality Day! For a little backstory, this day is celebrated to commemorate the adoption of the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution in 1920. As you may know, the 19th Amendment keeps the states and federal government from denying the right to vote to citizens of the United States based on sex. That's definitely something to celebrate!! In honor of Women's Equality Day, we're highlighting ten Instagram accounts you should be following for all of the girl power vibes and inspiration. Read on to discover our picks below!
- @daisynatives – Daisy Natives is a lifestyle brand based in Austin, TX. They created the original 'Girls Support Girls' tee in 2015, and have been growing ever since! Check out their website for a delightful and empowering array of clothing, stickers, hats, and more! Also, give them a follow on Instagram if you like magical things for magical beings.
- @createcultivate – We love Create & Cultivate for everything they do to help women build the career of their dreams. Their Instagram is not only visually inspiring, but is packed with engaging content for today's modern woman. Take a scroll through their grid, and you'll find media related to pay equality in the workplace, encouraging quotes, and plenty of posts to boost your hustle. Not to mention, they host incredible conferences and events IRL with keynote speakers such as Kim Kardashian, Giuliana Rancic, and so many more boss babes!
"We love Create & Cultivate for everything they do to help women build the career of their dreams."
- @girlboss – Girlboss is a pillar in the community when it comes to supporting women who are chasing their goals. Their Instagram is empowering; follow them for all of the tools, resources, and encouraging community. Aside from their incredible Instagram presence, they recently launched a LinkedIn for millennial women.
- @thefemalehustlers – If you connect the most with words, then The Female Hustlers is for you. Their grid is chock-full of quotes that will inspire and empower you to change the world. It's the perfect daily dose of motivation!
- @weallgrowlatina – Since 2010, #WeAllGrow has been elevating the stories and voices of Latinas through their powerful platform. Their Instagram is full of captivating content that encourages their community to seek purpose, pursue goals, and achieve dreams. We are here for it!
- @recipesforselflove – If you're more of a visual person, then Recipes for Self Love is for you! This grid is packed with beautiful images and moving words. The quotes are short and to the point, while being relatable and encouraging at the same time. Give them a follow for highly shareable content, and check out their book too!
- @girlsnightinclub – As big fans of staying in, we naturally love this account. It's all about cultivating a self-care community, and they offer up plenty of recommendations for your night in. We love following them on Instagram for self-care tips, relatable images + quotes, and interactive content. However, their weekly newsletter is where it's at... subscribe to have nuggets of gold dropped in your inbox every Friday morning.
- @rupikaur_ – Chances are, you already know who Rupi Kaur is, as you may be familiar with her books 'milk and honey' and 'the sun and her flowers.' The real question is, do you follow her on Instagram?! Her poetry is beautiful and speaks straight to the heart of women because she speaks from her own heartache, struggles, and celebrations. She is a QUEEN, so give her a follow for constant inspo and realness.
- @ninaberenato – Nina Berenato is a jewelry designer in Austin, TX, and she is a boss babe to have on your radar. She's an inspiring woman to follow because she is chasing and achieving her dreams through hard work, dedication, and a beautiful vision. Her pieces have been worn by Beyonce, Billie Eilish, LIZZO, & more!
- @womensmarch – Did you know that The Women's March was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history?! It's grown into a community of 1.2 million women and allies across the nation who are working together to create a brighter future for our country. Here's to a future where we're all safe, liberated, and equal.
We hope you found this list to be uplifting as we celebrate this significant day! Being a woman is a superpower in itself, so we want to honor all of the strong and resilient women of the world.Here's to women who speak up, step up, and rise up – it's because of the strong women who rose up in the past that we have the powerful women of today and tomorrow.